- Charbagh railway station is the main railway station in Lucknow.
- The station was built in 1923 and its architecture is a blend of Mughal and Rajput Style.
- The station name “Charbagh” comes from the four gardens that used to exist at the site.
- The station is known for its grand entrance, which is modelled after Buland Darwaza , a famous monument in the nearby city Fatehpur sikri.
- The station’s main building has a distinctive dome shaped structure that is visible from aftar.
- Charbagh Railway Station is a major railway junction and serves as a gateway to many popular tourist destinations in northern India.
- The station has 10 platforms and handles over 300 trains and 5,00000 passengers everyday.
- In 2013 , Charbagh railway station became the first railway station in India to have free wi-fi connectivity.
- The station has featured several bollywood films , including “Shatranj Ke Khiladi,” “Bunty Aur Babli,” and “Tevar.”
- Charbagh railway station has won several awards for its cleanliness and passenger amenities.
- The station has a beautiful garden in front of the main building, which is a popular spot for photography.
- The clock tower at Charbagh Railway Station is a prominent landmark and has been functioning since the station’s inception.
- The station has a heritage gallery that showcases the history and evaluation of the Indian railway.
- The station has a VIP lounge for VIP passengers and also offers various amenities.
- The station has played an important role in Indian history as it was the site of a major railway strike in 1974, which led to significant changes in the Indian Railways.
- Charbagh railway station has been rated as the most beautiful railway station in india.