If you have a desert tooth and love trying new dessert recipes , you have to try Nawabi Zafrani Kheer. It is delicious and creamy desert that is often served royal household in lucknow. In this article we will tell you about nawabi zafrani kheer , including its ingredient and history.
History of Nawabi Zafrani Kheer
Kheer is a tradition indian desert that has enjoyed from several century. It is made by simmering milk , sugar and rice until it thickens and become creamy. Kheer is often flavoured with cardamom, saffron or rose water.
Nawabi Zafarni Kheer , on the other hand , is a richer and most luxurious version of kheer.It is believed to have originated in the royal kitchens of the mughal emperor in india. The Mughals were known for their lavish life and food.
Ingredients of Nawabi Zafrani Kheer
- To make Nawabi Zafrani Kheer , you will need following ingredients
- 1 litre full fat milk
- ½ cup basmati rice , washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ strands of saffron , soaked in 2 tsp of warm milk
- ¼ cup of chopped almonds
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp ghee
Preparation of Nawabi Zafrani Kheer
- Pour the milk into a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to boil over medium heat.
- Drained and soaked rice and add it to boiling milk.
- Add the soaked saffron and sugar to the milk and rice mixture. Stir well and let it cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add chopped nuts and rose water to the kheer and stir well. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat and let the kheer cool for few minutes.Once it has cooled down, transfer it to a serving dish and garnish with more chopped nuts.
Serving Suggestions for Nawabi Zafrani Kheer
Nawabi Zafrani kheer is a rich and indulgent dessert that is perfect for special occasions such as wedding , festival and family gathering. Here are some serving suggestion.
- Served it chilled in individual bowls or glasses topped with chopped nuts and almonds strands.
- Garnish it with edible silver or gold leaf for a luxurious touch.
- Pair it with crispy fried snacks such as jalebi or gulab jamun for a perfect balance of sweet and savory.
Nawabi Zafari Kheer is a royal desserts that has stood the test of time. It is rich and indulgent , with a perfect balance of sweetness and flavour. Whether you are fan of traditional indian dessert or want to try something new , Nawabi Zafari Kheer is must try.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 What is the difference between kheer and Nawabi Zafarani Kheer ?
Ans. Kheer is a traditional Indian dessert made with milk , rice , sugar candmon. Nawabi kheer is richer and more luxurious version include saffron and rose water.
Q.2 Can I use other type of rice to make kheer ?
Ans. Yes, you can use other types of rice such as jasmine or sushi rice