How to Make Kashmiri Tea at Home : If you have ever has a sip of kashmiri Tea , also known as “Kahwa” , you will understand why it is such a beloved beverage in the region. The aroma of the spices and the taste of saffron make it an incredible delicious ans comforting drink. Traditionally , Kashmiri tea is served during special ocassionsor as a sign of hospitality. But there is no reason you can’t enjoy of your own home.In this article we will guide you through how to make kashmiri tea at home.
How to Make Kashmiri Tea at Home : The Recipe
Before we get started , let take a look at ingredients you will need to amke kashmiri tea at home.
- 4 cups of water
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon of loose green tea leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of saffron strands
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup of honey or sugar
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan
- Add green cardamom pods , cloves and cinnamon sticks to the water.
- Let the spices simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the green tea leaves to the water and let is simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heats and adds the saffron strands, chopped almonds , chopped pistachios, and honey or sugar.
- Stir everything together and let the mixture steep for 2-3 minutes
- Strain the tea into cups and serve hot.
Tips for making the perfect Kashmiri tea
While the recipe for Kashmiri tea is fairly straightforward, there are a few tips and tricks that can help you make the perfect cup of tea.
Use loose tea leaves
When making kashmiri tea , its important to use loose green tea leaves rather than tea bags. Loose tea leaves have a richer and more complex flavour that pairs perfectly with the spices and saffron.
Toast the spices
Toasting the spices before adding them to the water can help enhance their flavor. Simply heat the spices in a dry pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant.
Use saffron wisely
Saffron is precious spice that can be expensive , so use it sparingly. A little goes a long way and you only need a few strands to add a beautiful yellow color and rich flavour of tea.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can i use black tea intead of using green tea to make kashmiri tea ?
Ans. No , kashmiri tea is a traditionally uses green tea , as it has a milder flavour that pairs well with spices and saffron.
Q2. Can I skip saffron in Kashmiri tea ?
Ans. While saffron is an important ingredient in kashmiri tea, you can skip if you dont have any or if its too expensive. The tea will still taste delicious without it.